1. These booking conditions form part of your contract with SkiBrev.
2. A non-refundable deposit of £250 per person or £2500 for whole chalet is required to secure your booking. We do not take credit cards payments.
3. Confirmation of your booking and of receipt of deposit will be via email upon receipt of funds.
4. Full payment is due 12 weeks prior to your arrival in resort (or on booking for all bookings made less than 12 weeks prior to your arrival). This must be paid in £ Sterling by bank transfer on receipt of notice of payment being due.
5. If full payment is not received within 7 days of notice of payment being due, the booking will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit
6. When the chalet is booked for sole occupancy, all 12 adult beds in the chalet must be paid for, even when booking for a group less than the chalets occupancy. The client who made the booking shall be liable for all those persons to whom the booking form applied. This procedure guarantees the booking.
7. A single person supplement of 50% applies
8. Children discounts sharing the room with parents:
- Children <13 years in bunk beds are offered a special price as per website
- Children <5 years are free if sharing the room with parents
9. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing . Cancel within 26 weeks – forfeit 50% of total cost. Cancel within 13 weeks – forfeit 100% of total cost.
10. No surcharge – Once your holiday has been booked its price will not change even if the value of Sterling falls. However, we do reserve the right to amend our prices at any time before you book.
11. Insurance: It is a condition of booking that all clients must have full holiday insurance including cancellation, medical, winter sports and third party cover. All personal belongings of the client and ski equipment hired by the client, are the sole responsibility of the client. We accept no responsibility for loss or damage arising.
12. Please treat your chalet and all SkiBrev property with care and respect. Damage by the client to the chalet, its contents and grounds must be paid for at the time of the incident. No items, including bathrobes and toiletries may be removed from the chalet.
13. We take the security of our chalets, and of the belongings in them very seriously. However, owing to the nature of chalet holidays, the building may not be locked at all times. Other guests and employees will have access to the main entrance and chalet in general. You must take reasonable precautions for your own safety and belongings and we cannot accept responsibility for the loss of personal possessions.
14. The terms of your booking and any claim relating to it, the provision of services to you by SkiBrev and/or its staff and any other matter arising out of this contract or your holiday will be governed by English Law, and shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Any liability of SkiBrev will be limited to the value of any payments already received by SkiBrev from the claimant at the date of claim.
15. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your booking, due to matters within our control, you will be offered a full refund.
16. If we have to cancel, alter or curtail your booking due to matters beyond our control, such as force majeure – including but not limited to war, civil strife and inclement weather – we will not be able to offer a refund or accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or claim arising from this.
17. We cannot be held responsible for any delays you incur whilst travelling to resort, even if this shortens your stay with us.
18. The accommodation will be held for between the dates agreed at the time of booking only. Your chalet will be available from 3pm on the agreed arrival date until 10am on the agreed departure date. We may on request be able to permit earlier access or late departures but are not able to guarantee this.
19. No pets are permitted unless specifically agreed to in advance.
20. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the chalets.
21. Spa access is generally limited to between 16.00 & 19.30. Children under 13 years old must be fully supervised in the SPA area at all times by an accompanying adult. We do not accept any liability for loss or damage, including (to the extent permitted by law) personal injury or death, caused or suffered by your improper, irresponsible, or unreasonable use of hot-tub, sauna, Jacuzzi.
22. Dietary requirements – Please let us know when booking if any members of your party have special dietary requirements. Subject to the local availability of ingredients our chefs will endeavour to cater for any dietary requirements where possible
- Vegetarian meals can always be served, though we do need 14 days notice in writing.
- Other special diets (e.g. vegan, gluten-free, low fat/cholesterol) can often be provided, but should be discussed prior booking. All such dietary requests and/or food allergies must be confirmed to us in writing by email at least 14 days prior to departure.
- We endeavour to avoid any allergic reaction incidents, and shall exercise reasonable care to avoid specified food and drink ingredients if special diets are agreed at the time of booking and confirmed in writing as above.
- However, in choosing to travel with us, you accept the following facts: that no food allergy system can ever provide a 100% guarantee against any contact with a specified foodstuff; that items such as eggs, dairy products and nuts are constantly present in chalet kitchens and dining areas, so cross- contamination cannot be eliminated; that our staff cannot police what snacks third parties, including other guests’ children, may bring into contact with the allergic person; We therefore cannot and do not guarantee the avoidance of specified ingredients, and you accept that in the event of any dissatisfaction with special dietary arrangements, including the occurrence of an allergic reaction, our liability, if any, shall be limited to a refund of the special diet supplement paid.
- Extreme Food Allergies: where a food allergy is so severe that the slightest exposure to the substance in question could cause a life-threatening anaphylactic reaction (for example where a reaction may be triggered other than by actually eating the foodstuff – such as by smell alone), you must advise us in writing of the severe nature of the allergy at the time of booking. We then reserve the right to advise you that, in our considered view, the controls we are able to implement in the ski chalet environment are insufficient to guarantee your or your child’s safety, in which case, should you choose to proceed with the booking, you do so entirely at your own risk, and would be asked to confirm this in writing in order to confirm the booking. If you fail to advise us of a known extreme allergy at the point of booking, you will be in breach of contract, and we will therefore have no liability to you at all in the event of any incident.
23. The cost of your holiday includes:
- 7 nights accommodation
- Breakfast and afternoon tea on 7 days
- 6 days evening meals as described on the website including catering for children. Special requirements have to communicated when booking.
- Guests are not allowed to use the kitchen for preparing their own meals.
- Free bar, wine and spirits throughout your stay
24. The price of the holiday does not include:
- Flights or travel to and from France.
- Transfers to and from resort (although we can assist you to arrange transfers from airports and stations local to the resort)
- Holiday and medical insurance
- Lift passes, ski hire and tuition
- Dinner on staff day off
- Shuttle service to Tignes Lac or any other parts of resort
25. SkiBrev chalet is equipped with various technologies / facilities as described on the website however we cannot be held liable for any compensation or refund due to any item not working but will make every reasonable effort to restore the facility to working order as quickly as possible. The same applies to the availability of the Spa, including outdoor hot tub, indoor jacuzzi and sauna. The very same applies to our shuttle service availability in Tignes Les Brevieres – depending on weather, road conditions and possible technical issues.
26. SkiBrev reserves the right to carry out any maintenance and draining/ refilling needed that might render the hot tub and jacuzzi unusable to ensure all health and safety regulations are met.
27. Please include slippers/indoor shoes as part of your packing as outdoor footwear is not worn in the chalet.
28. We have tried to be entirely accurate with all information provided, but cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies.